T4 filing tips and offer
If you employed a Nanny/Caregiver or an Au pair in 2020, their T4 slip is due on the last day of February. It is time to get those records in order and file on-line.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Organize your payroll records and your Statements of Account for Current Source Deductions
- You will need to file a T4 Return for each domestic employee that you employed in 2020 and you will need to file a T4 Summary Return for yourself as the Employer
- In order to file your Employee’s T4 Return, you will need their Social Insurance Number, current address, gross income and the total amounts of Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, Income Tax deducted and any benefits you have paid on behalf of them.
- To file your T4 Summary Return, you will need to provide the number of T4 slips you completed, summarized totals of the amounts on each T4 slip and summarized totals of the amounts on your remittances
- If you remitted a source deduction in 2020, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will have sent you a Web Access Code. You will need this code to file your T4 Return and T4 Summary Return online
- If you decide to file online, do not send CRA a paper copy. It will confuse them!
- The penalty for failing to distribute T4 slips to your employee or failing to file your T4 and T4 Summary Return by the last day of February is $100 or more
Caregiver Tax Services T4 Service Special Offer
Many employers simplify their lives by using a Caregiver/Nanny payroll Service and to avoid the penalties and the interests’ charges.
If this is you, call us today and get your T4 and T4 Summary online filing for $150
Contact email@example.com or call 604-786-2566